Twenty fresh, long-wearing polish colors that are “free” from the 5 most toxic ingredients found in traditional polish.
Our formula is solvent-based, NOT water-based. While water-based polish (as in our Princess Packs) have tremendous advantages, they don’t have the durability of a solvent based polish. This would be considered the safer “grown up” polish alternative.
Pure Anada Glamour Polish is amazingly long-lasting when applied with the “Over-Under” base/top coat.
Butylacetate, Ethylacetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl, Glycol Trimellitic, Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Styrene Acrylates, Copolymer, Silica, Alumina, Benzophenone-1. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxide, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, FD&C Colorant (CI77491, CI77499, CI77891, CI77742, CI77007, CI77891, CI158501
What is “5 Free” Polish?
The three most toxic ingredients found in traditional nail polish is often referred to as the “Toxic Trio”. They include Dibutyl Phthalate, Formaldehyde and Toluene. Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor make up number 4 and 5 of a “5 Free” polish.
1. Dibutyl Phthalate also known as “plasticizers” are used to prevent chipping and provide sheen. It is a known carcinogen, causes reproductive and thyroid problems, and has also been linked to changes in hormones.
2. Toluene gives a smooth finish to the nail, helping to keep the color uniform. It is a volatile organic compound, causing irritation to the eyes, lungs, and throat when inhaled, and also affects the central nervous system.
3.Formaldehyde is used to harden nails. It is also a known carcinogen, inhaled while evaporating, and causes allergic reactions if it comes into contact with the skin.
4. Formaldehyde Resin is a nail strengthener. Unfortunately, it is also a skin allergen and can remain active for up to three days after your polish has dried. While no link to cancer has been established for formaldehyde resin (like there as been with formaldehyde), it can cause dermatitis.
5. Camphor is typically used as a topical treatment for a cold or flu. Camphor used to be made by distilling the bark and wood of the camphor tree. Today, camphor is chemically manufactured from turpentine oil. In the USA, camphorated oil was removed from the market due to safety concerns. It’s still available in Canada without a prescription. Camphor works to stimulate nerve endings to relieve pain and itching. Ingesting camphor is what can cause serious side effects, even death. Exposure in large doses, especially through inhalation, can be toxic and cause irritation, nausea, dizziness, and headaches.